Automated data collection is an inevitable part of a comprehensive automation strategy that brings greater growth opportunities for every business. This blog delves deep into the brief definition of Automated Data Collection and 3 outstanding case studies.
What is automated data collection?
Automated Data Collection is the process of automatically capturing, collecting, and extracting data on paper documents into accessible electronic documents through the implication of modern technology.
Besides Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is also effectively applied in the automated data collection process. In essence, thanks to its ability to process structured data with utmost precision, RPA can eliminate manual data entry processes and complex numerical data-related tasks. In addition, RPA is fully capable of integrating other technologies such as Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) to expand the automatic proficiency of even unstructured data.
Learn about the difference between RPA, BPM and AI here!
RPA is a powerful digital assistant in the process of implementing automated data collection.
The importance of automated data collection
Automated data collection is identified as the key to digital transformation’s success. Research by Frost and Sullivan indicates that businesses often embark on automation to enhance customer experience. However, automated data collection plays an essential role in streamlining a wide range of business processes while increasing revenue and improving performance per employee, regardless of the industry or size of the organization.
Automated data collection facilitates the growth of businesses in every industry. Source: omnitracker.com
Specifically, some notable highlights that automated data collection brings to businesses:
- Minimize human errors: Automated data collection eliminates the inevitable human errors of manual data entry. As a result, data processing can be achieved faster and more accurately.
- Improve efficiency: By reducing manual processes and human errors, this method of data collection allows businesses to streamline workflow and significantly improve operational productivity.
- Save costs: Automated data collection helps businesses reduce costs related to speed enhancement, human errors minimization, system upgrade process, document storage process,…etc.
- Enhance employee value: By implementing automated data collection, businesses can free employees from time-consuming and monotonous tasks, thereby driving innovation and enabling conditions for jobs with growth potential.
Some remarkable case studies of data collection automation across industries
SCSK EU – a system integrator based in Japan with 14 branches nationwide and 7 global branches, deployed a project for a company focusing on chemical products in Europe.
SCSK’s customer desires to scrape data, chemical product information on the world market including rates, specifications, and data… and then save it to the database. This allows the company to have an overview of the chemistry industry through visualized data so they can quickly track and monitor changes in the market.
However, these processes are all manual, repetitive, prone to errors, causing problems relating to efficiency and resource optimization.
SKSC EU has partnered with akaBot, a pioneering automation solution provider in Vietnam, to deploy exceptional automation solutions for its customers.
akaBot utilizes RPA bots, allowing to access the website to collect product information, extract data and save it to the database system of the customer’s business. The whole process is 100% automated with 3 simple steps.
akaBot and RPA core technology bring innovative opportunities for businesses. Source: ictvietnam.mediacdn.vn
- Automate 100% of the product data collection process
- Decrease 85% of processing time
- Optimize resources with bots’ 24/7 operation
- Improve accuracy significantly compared to the manual method.
Learn more about the story of akaBot actualizing SCSK’s automation vision and delivering optimal solutions to its customers here.
Max Healthcare Institute is one of the leading healthcare institute chains based in New Delhi, India.
Max Healthcare deals with large volumes of patient transactional data on a daily basis. Processes including collecting customer information, claims processing, and data reconciliation for government health schemes are prone to errors due to manual data entry.
By integrating RPA technology, a series of processes such as claim processing, Data Reconciliation for Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), and Data Reconciliation for Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) are processed automatically for greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Reduce claims processing time by at least 50% and 65% – 75% for CGHS and ECHS processes.
- Save up to Rs 1 crore (equivalent to US$130,000) over a period of 12 months.
BBVA is the oldest private bank in Argentina with more than 245 branches nationwide.
BBVA reaches more than half of its customers through digital channels, yet customers are still forced to go through the processes of applying for a new credit card, opening an account at a bank branch. These processes usually take 40 minutes.
BBVA has invested in AI and RPA technologies to simplify business processes and improve productivity. This breakthrough solution helps businesses: Automatically collect and extract important data from multiple sources, encrypted and stored data, making information accessible to the company regardless of time and location.
- Decrease customer onboarding time at the branches from 40 minutes to 10 minutes
- Reduce document maintenance process from 10 minutes to one minute
- Save 50% of document processing time
akaBot (FPT) is the operation optimization solution for enterprises based on RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platform combined with Process Mining, OCR, Intelligent Document Processing, Machine Learning, Conversational AI, etc. Serving clients in 20+ countries, across 08 domains such as Banking & Finances, Retails, IT Services, Manufacturing, Logistics…, akaBot is featured by Gartner Peer Insights, G2, and ranked as Top 6 Global RPA Platform by Software Reviews. akaBot also won the prestigious Stevie Award, The Asian Banker Award 2021, etc.
Leave us a message for free consultation!