IDP and RPA integration enables comprehensive automation of the data processing process, improved accuracy, and reduced reliance on human intervention. Enterprises applying integrated IDP and RPA solutions can enjoy numerous benefits, including improved operational efficiency, cost reductions, and increased employee value.
What are IDP and RPA?
IDP (Intelligent Document Processing) and RPA (Robotic Process Automation) are both technologies for process automation.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) deploys software robots to execute repetitive, time-consuming, and labor-intensive tasks by simulating human behaviors. Utilizing RPA speeds up manual tasks, reduces cost, improves accuracy and switches staff to more essential activities. An RPA system must be capable of 3 factors: communicating with other systems in order to eliminate screens or integrate APIs, making decisions, and providing programming interfaces for bots.
- IDP automates data collection, extraction, and processing from a range of formats (including structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data). This technology leverages a number of technologies, including Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision, and Machine Learning (ML). By speeding up data processing and enhancing accuracy, IDP applications allow cost reduction, flexibility expansion, and increased employee value, etc.
How the IDP & RPA combination delivers great value
IDP and RPA perform their own functions and duties, and when integrated, they create a comprehensive data processing automation process. This is how they complement:
- RPA is considered the ultimate choice for repetitive tasks. As RPA operates at the interface layer of browsers and software, it can only work with structured data and standardized processes. For unstructured and semi-structured data, RPA needs help from other technologies
- That’s when IDP comes into play. The technology converts semi-structured and unstructured into structured forms before extracting and validating automatically. Also, RPA supports IDP to collect input data and deliver extracted data to required systems/places for an end-to-end automation process.
Thanks to the integration of these two technologies, businesses are able to:
- Optimize resources: Save costs, time, and effort;
- Create undisrupted workflow and continuous processing;
- Improve accuracy, minimizing human errors
- Boost productivity.
IDP and RPA integration is considered an important step in shifting from automation to Hyperautomation – one of 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2022 by Gartner.
Read more: Gartner: 12 Strategic Technology Trends for 2022 and Beyond
Case study: akaBot’s IDP and RPA integration for invoice processing
akaBot is the pioneer Hyperautomation solution provider in Vietnam, offering a diverse product ecosystem to effectively resolve multiple business automation demands. Besides, akaBot constantly updates its technology capability by developing new technology platforms, including IDP. Below is a use case of integrating akaBot’s IDP in an RPA automation process.
Problem: Users have emails containing invoices. They need to extract some information from invoices and import it into management software, then export reports and deliver them via email.
Solution: akaBot leverages the IDP-infused RPA solution to automate the data processing process in an intelligent, flexible, and comprehensive way. The process includes input data collection, information extraction and data validation, and output distribution.
- RPA: Automatically collect invoices from emails, upload invoices to the website for IDP to process, import processed data into management software, and export reports via email. The automation becomes streamlined as robots replace human or API to input data quickly, accurately, and at a minimal cost.
- IPD: Receives the data from RPA, extracts and validates the required information, and returns the results to RPA bots.
- For invoices with low confident scores, the solution allows “human in the loop” – users can directly access the IDP website to review, adjust, and confirm before bots continue processing.
- Reduce processing time to only 2-3 seconds per invoice
- Improve accuracy to 99%
- Process vast quantities of invoices, save time, cost and effort
Why akaBot’s IDP solution become the ultimate choice for businesses in streamlining data processing:
- IDP solution from akaBot integrates smoothly with the automation process. As akaBot successfully develops IDP and RPA platforms, we offer a full-package service for document processing automation, eliminating the need to work with multiple vendors and reducing the risk of failure.
- Our experts with vast experience in automation implementation for businesses of various domains are capable of offering strategic recommendations to resolve different business problems.
- akaBot delivers world-class solutions at a reasonable cost.
600+ enterprises from 14 countries have trusted akaBot in their digital transformation journey. Contact us now to kick start yours and achieve operational excellence.
Robotic Process Automation Software
Competitive Landscape: Intelligent Document Processing Platform Providers
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) vs Intelligent Document Processing (IDP)
akaBot (FPT Software) is the operation optimization solution for enterprises based on RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platform combined with Process Mining, OCR, Intelligent Document Processing, Machine Learning, Conversational AI, etc. Serving clients in 20+ countries, across 08 domains such as Banking & Finances, Retails, IT Services, Manufacturing, Logistics…, akaBot is featured by Gartner Peer Insights, G2, and ranked as Top 6 Global RPA Platform by Software Reviews. akaBot also won the prestigious Stevie Award, The Asian Banker Award 2021, etc.
Leave us a message for free consultation!