We are living in an ever-evolving world where businesses are required to stay agile and resilient in order to survive and thrive. The match made in heaven of RPA and AI, or Intelligent Automation, is considered the key driver to achieving this goal. The latest release of akaBot x IDC: Building an Agile Future Enterprise Powered by Intelligent Automation has uncovered some insightful recommendations for businesses to successfully implement IA and get accelerated.
Why businesses need Intelligent Automation to stay relevant
Automation has become an integral part of all business operations. RPA (Robotic Process Automation) becomes increasingly popular to handle repetitive tasks within organizations. According to Precedence Research, the RPA market value is projected to reach USD 23.9B by 2030.
IA is the next step further from RPA where robots have the capabilities not only to execute but also to “think”, thanks to the integration of RPA and AI (Artificial Intelligence). It is also the stepping stone to hyperautomation, where most business processes are automated and belong to an end-to-end automation process. The latest release of akaBot and IDC reveals that up to 50% of knowledge workers will interact regularly with their own AI-infused virtual assistant, which underpins the growth of IA. It’s also reported that the priority for automation has increased post-pandemic with automation becoming the second most important IT strategy.
The next phase of digital transformation, which we are stepping into, is achieving organizational dexterity or in other words, streamlined business goals, careful preparation for disruption, and autonomous employees. The adoption of Intelligent Automation (IA) is among the efforts to achieve this goal.
Businesses around the world have started to realize the importance of IA and increase investments in this new trend. In Asia/ Pacific specifically, 46% of Indonesian organizations say they are likely to adopt IA services from a service vendor in the following year. In Vietnam, the percentage is 45%. Our report discovers that by 2024, more than 90% of enterprises will have applied automation at various levels in various processes for improved process optimization and productivity. Enterprises also tend to develop Center of Excellent (CoE) to harness IA benefits and provide greater momentum for automation implementation.
Download the latest release of akaBot and IDC for strategic recommendations to successfully adopt Intelligent Automation!
Intelligent Automation is a higher step in the digital transformation journey of Asia/Pacific businesses. Source: akaBot.
The framework for effective IA implementation
To successfully apply IA in business operations, it’s crucial that the whole enterprise spectrum gets involved in the intelligent automation services life cycle, together with the support from the IT solution vendor. Our latest release uncovers the important role of the C-suite in every step of the life cycle.
The role of enterprise executives in intelligent automation services life cycle. Source: akaBot
The life cycle includes 8 steps, with 5 main stages. At each stage, the business Board of Directors (BOD) has different responsibilities.
- Strategize: This initial stage involves the C-suite to develop the adoption strategy as a holistic and broad view is needed to avoid siloed automation. This strategy has to align with the enterprisewide automation strategy benchmark.
- Design: CTO/CIO, CISO, and CDO are responsible to develop an automation design approach that can take full advantage of the enterprise data and IT infrastructure while ensuring compliance and security within the organization.
- Deploy: It’s CIO and LOB Heads take over this stage to look for an IT vendor that can provide strong automation solutions and offer excellent delivery capabilities.
- Embrace: After deployment, businesses have to help their people get used to the new changes and effectively support them in their digital adoption. CHRO has to focus on not only the satisfaction of other stakeholders but also the adoption rate of employees.
- Optimize: Throughout the implementation, businesses have to continuously learn and improve their automation process for the best efficiency. CIO and COE are to measure progressive improvement in-process metrics and ensure the increasing proportion of AI/ML automation.
Key capabilities to look for in an IA vendor
The akaBot x IDC latest release shows that enterprises tend to switch to service providers instead of in-house IT service post-Covid-19. This indicates the importance of choosing the right vendor for a successful IA implementation.
Throughout the intelligent automation service life cycle, the IT vendor needs to incorporate smoothly with the business BOD. In specific, with 5 main stages an IT vendor participates in the intelligent automation service life cycle, there are 6 key capabilities that it should acquire in order to effectively support its client:
- Advisory: First and foremost, the vendors have to be efficient in assessing customer environment. In other words, they should offer an environment assessment framework and industry/ process evaluation to produce the best consultation for the business when adopting IA.
- Planning: The IT vendors are responsible for strategizing too. This requires them to have expertise in the business domain, experience in solving the same problems and the ability to come up with reference architectures/ blueprints.
- Execution: Before mass adoption, proof of concept (PoC) plays an important part to help businesses understand how automation is making an impact on their operations. Here, the vendors should not only show their efficient technology capabilities (RPA, API, AI/ML) but also offer pre-built assets for fast and easy technology adoption.
- Adoption: Not all employees can quickly work with the new technology. That’s why businesses need their IT solution providers to support them with change management. The vendor is expected to provide intensive training and also provide a citizen development framework.
- Support: In the future, most businesses implementing automation are non-IT players, so chances are, they will require the vendor to provide 24/7 help. In this case, the provider needs to acquire a deep understanding of the local businesses and be sufficient in consulting in multiple languages.
- Pricing: What businesses should look for in an IT vendor is a suitable pricing and cost-saving model to make sure the desired ROI is met.
Key capabilities businesses should look for at an IA solution vendor. Source: akaBot
akaBot – Your trusted automation companion
akaBot is experienced in delivering intelligent automation solutions for businesses across industries. Source: sggp.org.vn
akaBot is proudly the pioneer automation solution provider in Vietnam. We acquire an in-depth understanding of local businesses while providing world-class technology service qualities with competitive pricing.
akaBot offers a full-service package, supporting business from the initial stage of developing strategy, and adoption roadmap to maintenance. During the assessment stage, akaBot supports businesses in raising awareness of technology capabilities and keeping them prepared for the upcoming changes. Our highly experienced groups of experts are ready to support our clients at any time.
The diverse solution ecosystem of akaBot is efficient to solve multiple business problems, integrating RPA smoothly with other platforms such as AI, OCR, Voice, Chatbot, etc. for a comprehensive and intelligent automation process.
Contact us to receive strategic consultation and free PoC of 01 automation process for your business!
akaBot (FPT Software) is the operation optimization solution for enterprises based on RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platform combined with Process Mining, OCR, Intelligent Document Processing, Machine Learning, Conversational AI, etc. Serving clients in 13+ countries, across 08 domains such as Banking & Finances, Retails, IT Services, Manufacturing, Logistics…, akaBot is featured by Gartner Peer Insights, G2… and ranked as Top 6 Global RPA Platform by Software Reviews. akaBot also won the prestigious Stevie Award, The Asian Banker Award 2021, etc.
Leave us a message for free consultation!