The unexpected effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and climate change have impacted businesses up and down in many ways. That is why organizations are leaning towards an accelerated rate of digitalization and virtualization of how they maintain and drive their organizations forward. In 2022, with a high demand for sustainability and increasing data volumes, digital transformation is inevitable. With that in mind, companies are moving beyond RPA, along with AI and ML, towards the most disruptive technologies of modern time. It is called “Hyperautomation.”
The need for Hyperautomation
In definition, Hyperautomation is a combination of complementary tools with process silos to automate and augment business processes. Hyperautomation involves process automation, integrating tools and technologies that enable end-to-end automated processes. What’s more, Hyperautomation is not simply just electronic tools to manage tasks, it is a collaboration of human decision-making and data application.
According to the 2019 Deloitte report on leading technologies, AI, ML, and intelligent automation are the top 10 Industry 4.0 technologies that play a major role in global organizations. With Hyperautomation, an innovated technological combination of all, businesses can begin to train more advanced automation tools, enable artificial intelligence decision making, as well as reimagine the manual labor workforce. This takes time-consuming tasks off the employees’ hands and redeploys these workers to higher-value activities.
Besides workforce enablement, hyperautomation solutions also offer systems integration and digital agility which allows companies to upskill their employees (both tech and non-tech-minded employees). Not to mention how hyperautomation enhances key analytics services. Specifically, businesses can track the exact ROI realized based on department optimized, time and money saved weekly, monthly, and annually. In short, hyperautomation provides businesses an opportunity to reimagine automation, and redefine work effectively.
Listed as Gartner’s number one technology trend in 2020, Hyperautomation is now the notion of intelligent automation that global organizations are striving towards. According to Coherent Market Insights, the global hyperautomation market is predicted to increase at a CAGR 18.9% from 2020 to 2027. This is based on the historical data of AI, RPA and ML segment of the highest CAGR of 44.3% from 2016 to 2019. From Deloitte’s 2022 survey, hyperautomation will provide an estimated average cost reduction of 22% and a revenue increase of 11% in the next three years. Seeing the global trend of hyper-driven solutions, technology innovation leaders should look to transition to Hyperautomation tools. With hyperautomation, businesses can have substantial business understanding and drive significant enhancements in operations.
To build a roadmap for the Hyperautomation journey, Gartner has laid out the three key strategies for EA and technology leaders. They are Planning, Applying, and Augmenting.
Key Strategies for Enabling Hyperautomation in Your Organization. Source: Gartner
Firstly, it is pivotal to define the desired business outcome, the “why”, the “vision”. Consider revenue, cost, and risk play when start building a strategic plan. A blueprint is to define the desired objectives and plan out the scope of the process. Organizations should aim to improve the efficacy and efficiency of processes with new ways of delivering values (this could involve redesigning processes). Gartner lists down some example questions for three-goal objectives: Revenue, Costs, and Risks:
- Revenue: What are your key drivers for revenue? The answers can be varies from enhancing business processes, increasing customer relationship management, etc.
- Costs: Does it help to optimize costs? It involves the process of reducing errors costs and expediting tasks.
- Risks: What are your compliance risks due to inefficient processes? Technology innovators can minimize noncompliance risks with efficient regulatory processes.
The key here is to establish how Hyperautomation will benefit the entire organization, not a team or a set of operations. The foundation step is to clearly distinguish objectives and their outcomes along with revenue, costs, and risks.
Once we are done with the plan, it is time to apply the DigitalOps tools and technologies per defined objectives. DigitalOps is a process framework that involves end-to-end stages of process automation: discovery, analysis, design, automation, monitor, reassaes and evaluation, etc. It is important for businesses to consider the overarching goals first before finalizing their technology selection of DigitalOps. For a smoother transition, Gartner provides the DigitalOps Toolkit that covers some feasible technologies that could be essential sources to intelligent business process automation objectives.
DigitalOps Toolbox. Source: Gartner
Last but not least, is the “Augmenting” stage. Here is when the technology is going to “augment” human activities by working side-by-side with them, the technology will keep learning and improving to maximize efficiency with limited errors. In other words, technology augment the human intelligence. The process of augmenting with artificial intelligence and machine learning involves a variety of business processes including case management, contract management, automated help desk triage, and resolution (Figure 3). From here, enterprise architecture and technology companies can augment their business processes by progressively integrating AI applications with appropriate DigitalOps tools to achieve their desired objectives and long-term business value.
Evolution From Task-Based to Complemented RPA (CoRPA) to Digital Ops Toolbox. Source: Gartner
Preparation to kick-off the Hyperautomation journey
The Hyperautomation market is applicable across all industries, geographies, and service lines. It is time to embark upon Hyperautomation, so the employees can say “goodbye” to manual tasks, and “hello” to more valuable work. Let’s kick-off the Hyperautomation journey by the following steps:
- Get sponsorship from stakeholders: Technology innovation leaders should define their objectives that aligned with the stakeholders’ interest so that their Hyperautomation journey can flourish and gain long-term ethical values from stakeholders.
- Business Case: As the main purpose of Hyperautomation is to improve business processes and divert human labor to value-added tasks, companies need to clearly understand why automation is needed and wherein the organization needs it the most.
- Use Case: Once companies have chosen the right automation platform and partner, they need to make sure that they are able to scale it up. It’s important to ask “How can the tool allow process optimization right now as well as in the future as the business expands?”. Again, Hyperautomation is a long journey, so companies need to be able to pick future-conscious and scalable digital tools for long-term efficiency and profits.
- Evaluation And Selection Of Technology: It is pivotal to select the right Hyperautomation platform and DigitalOps tools that fit with the businesses’ goals. In order to achieve this, Forbes recommends choosing easy integration platforms and an understanding implementation partner who has senior experience in implementing Hyperautomation.
- Prepare To Fail Fast: Businesses should prepare for failures as it acts as a quick turnable to the realization of Hyperautomation’s true benefits.
We live in a hyper-automated world where almost every task/work that is handled can be automated. In Vietnam, more and more businesses are taking steps towards this Hyperautomation trend. And the super automation solution akaBot is one of the potential options for businesses. akaBot integrates Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Robotic Process Automation (RPA), enabling business leaders to accelerate loan initiation and provide head-to-head automation comprehensively end. Businesses looking for the optimal solution to operating, please contact akaBot for advice and experience in process automation today!
akaBot (FPT Software) is the operation optimization solution for enterprises based on RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platform combined with Process Mining, OCR, Intelligent Document Processing, Machine Learning, Conversational AI, etc. Serving clients in 13+ countries, across 08 domains such as Banking & Finances, Retails, IT Services, Manufacturing, Logistics…, akaBot is featured by Gartner Peer Insights, G2… and ranked as Top 6 Global RPA Platform by Software Reviews. akaBot also won the prestigious Stevie Award, The Asian Banker Award 2021, etc.
Leave us a message for free consultation!