Hyperautomation is the key for businesses to unlock their potential and develop comprehensively, as well as achieve the goals of optimizing operational efficiency, costs, and competitive advantage. But businesses still have difficulty when applying this superior technology solution. So what should businesses do to overcome the challenges and move towards an effective Hyperautomation journey?
Table of Contents
Why do businesses need to scale to Hyperautomation?
Hyperautomation is a technological solution that allows complete automation of operating processes in an enterprise. This advanced technology can tackle more complex tasks and processes that cannot be eliminated using one automation technology.
The concept of Hyperautomation is not only an option but a prerequisite for businesses to break through and create a competitive advantage in the fierce digitalization race. According to Gartner, 90% of large enterprises globally will adopt RPA by 2022. Meanwhile, 50% of enterprises surveyed have already started implementing AI solutions, according to McKinsey.
According to a survey from Deloitte, Hyperautomation brings impressive operational efficiency for businesses:
- Improve 90% of data quality and accuracy
- Boost 86% of productivity
- Reduce 59% of operating costs
Combining RPA and AI helps businesses achieve more than expected. (Source: Deloitte)
Challenges businesses face when adopting Hyperautomation
According to a study from KPMG, about 20-30% of businesses are uncertain about automation. This is because businesses can face many challenges as they begin to deploy automation and scale to Hyperautomation.
3 main challenges that enterprises may have to deal with when applying automation are:
Lack of skills to implement
According to Analytics Insight, up to 31.9% of businesses believe that lack of skills is the biggest challenge of Hyperautomation adoption.
Ms. Van Anh, RPA Consultant at akaBot (FPT Software) said that businesses often confront many challenges when buying licenses from solution providers and deploying automation themselves. Because businesses often lack knowledge and implementation experience, they do not understand the RPA application process or which process should be optimized for automation, etc. This leads to the fact that businesses cannot master the technology and the solution itself is extremely difficult to expand.
Difficulty in change management
When moving toward the roadmap of Hyperautomation, businesses often have to deal with several challenges. Among them, the human barrier is one of the biggest problems.
According to a report from McKinsey, up to 70% of digital transformation strategies fail due to human barriers. In addition, PwC pointed out that up to 45% of Vietnamese afraid that automation can replace human jobs in the future and put them at risk of losing their jobs.
Businesses should be aware of constant change and transformation before implementing automation. (Source cummins.com)
At the ScaleUp 360 Intelligent Automation DACH online event, Ms. Van Anh – RPA Consultant – akaBot (FPT Software) said that automation implementation constantly experiences unforeseen variables, for example, some steps will be taken by bots, some steps are removed; employees can be reallocated to a new area and have different attitudes when approaching automation. Some people are excited about the application of new technology, but some may express doubts about the benefits that this solution brings. Also, some employees feel worried and afraid that virtual bots may replace them, so they may take some action against the implementation of automation.
Data privacy issues
The nature of Hyperautomation requires businesses to integrate multiple technologies into the automation flow. As a result, enterprises often have to cooperate with various external vendors for each technology solution, leading to the risk of data privacy breaches from vendors. Some of the possible risks include:
- Confidential information leakage: Bots from different vendors have access to internal databases. This leads to the risk of leaking the authentic and confidential information of the business. Some vendors can take advantage of these confidential data for their gain, which severely affects businesses.
- Open vulnerabilities: Connecting multiple technology systems from vendors requires a lot of API connections. If only one vendor experiences security flaws, the entire enterprise system will be attacked.
The risk of invasion of data privacy by third parties is a considerable concern for many businesses. (Source: cio.com)
How to overcome challenges?
Proactively adapt to change
As mentioned, the application of automation and Hyperautomation always creates many variables and constant changes, requiring businesses to create an agile automation environment that is consistent with strategic goals. Sometimes this means changing legacy technology or tweaking existing processes to optimize automation.
In addition, businesses need to develop internal communication strategies to encourage employees to be more open to technology and automation transformation. Because in fact, automation cannot completely replace humans. Instead, it supports people, helping them do their jobs more easily and efficiently. This drives productivity, demand, and revenue, allowing companies to expand further. As a result, many job opportunities for employees are opened.
Collaborate with a suitable vendor
- Solving the lack of experience and implementation skills challenge
Businesses should look for vendors with hands-on experience in implementing effective automation, understanding their needs, and providing a complete service package and comprehensive support.
- Solving the security challenge
For this challenge, businesses are advised to look for technologically autonomous vendors, proactively integrating a variety of technologies according to business requirements. This would facilitate businesses to build effective data models and secure automation deployment processes. In addition, the security infrastructure must be optimally designed to avoid the breach of customer data.
akaBot – the comprehensive RPA solution for your business
akaBot is the pioneer Hyperautomation solution provider, paving the way for the digital transformation journey of businesses. The advantages of akaBot include:
- Providing a complete solution package: akaBot’s “tailor-made” solution meets all the needs of businesses, closely following businesses in every step of the automation journey, from the very first step of automation process selection.
- Understanding the domestic market and businesses: With a vast experience in implementation, akaBot can easily understand domestic businesses, applying the “Fast-to-Mass” strategy to help businesses deploy automation quickly, and bring results in a short time.
- Integrating different technology: akaBot autonomously develops RPA core technology and Intelligent Document Processing (IDP), integrates different intelligent technology platforms such as Process Mining, AI, OCR, Voice, Chatbot,…, bringing a comprehensive and intelligent automation process.
- Supporting 24/7: akaBot reached the top 2 for Effective Support Service in the Summer 2022 RPA report from G2.
- Promoting high-security level: akaBot reached the top 1 solution in Data and Product Security, according to the RPA Summer 2022 report from G2.
Up to now, akaBot has cooperated with 1200+ customers in 20+ countries, providing automation solutions for 8 vertical industries (Finance – Banking – Insurance, Retail, Manufacturing,…). Besides, akaBot has won multiple prestigious Vietnamese and international awards. Some outstanding achievements include Gold Globee’s accolade for the Best Deployments and Customer Success of the Year in Asia-Pacific.
akaBot (FPT) is the operation optimization solution for enterprises based on RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platform combined with Process Mining, OCR, Intelligent Document Processing, Machine Learning, Conversational AI, etc. Serving clients in 20+ countries, across 08 domains such as Banking & Finances, Retails, IT Services, Manufacturing, Logistics…, akaBot is featured by Gartner Peer Insights, G2, and ranked as Top 6 Global RPA Platform by Software Reviews. akaBot also won the prestigious Stevie Award, The Asian Banker Award 2021, etc.
Leave us a message for free consultation!