According to a survey, 74% of businesses across a broad spectrum of industries applying RPA are planning or in the process of migrating to a new platform in 2023. So what’s the driving force behind this trend? What should organizations consider before Migration? Find out more details in the article below.
What is RPA Migration?
RPA Migration is a process of migrating from a legacy RPA platform of an organization to a new one to optimize the more complex processes and take advantage of powerful features.
RPA Migration is an important trend in 2023 (Source: signavio.com)
Why has RPA Migration received greater attention?
According to a survey participated by 400 IT executives at large organizations (1,000-10,000+ employees) in Europe and North America, the top 4 reasons why businesses are considering and have already migrated to new RPA tools are:
- Enhance capabilities and features
- Minimize technical confusion, making automation more accessible to the average business user
- Improve greater compatibility with an organizational system
- Integrate automation into a single platform
Once Migration is complete, businesses can enjoy several remarkable benefits. Top 5 improvements that the organization experience after Migration includes:
- More advanced capabilities and features
- Higher and quicker returns
- No or less technical confusion so automation becomes more approachable to the users
- Greater compatibility with an organizational system
- Lower cost of ownership/licensing fees
“Do I need to redeploy bots to a new platform and how?”
Examine your need
From akaBot’s experience, there are 4 critical questions businesses should answer before Migration:
- Are you wanting to lower the Total Cost of Ownership/Licensing fees by migrating your automated process to a more reasonable solution or integrating several RPA tools into a consolidated one?
- Do you find it difficult to achieve automation ROIS with the licensing model that your current provider offers?
- Do you have the goal of transforming your automation ecosystem this year?
- Are you struggling with the project scalability, maintenance, or support service of your current vendor?
If the answer is yes, then it’s time to re-analyze your current RPA platform and consider turning it into a new RPA platform to increase automation efficiency and quality.
Be aware of the hardship
Obstacles to Migration (Source: Process Modernization in 2022)
According to the same mentioned survey, rebuilding automated processes on the new RPA platform is the most significant challenge encountered by organizations when migrating (55%), followed by the necessity of specialist resources (48%), and the cost (47%). Others see executive sponsors being unwilling to invest in RPA Migration (47%) and employees resistant to Migration (39%) to be the biggest causes for hesitation they would have in making the migration.
In terms of specialized resources, it is essential for any business to take compatibility and interaction among tools into consideration before making the migration. Besides, businesses should also analyze their existing automation portfolio and carefully consider every aspect that is involved in the migration process, including completion time, cost, challenges, and goals to achieve.
Find yourself your new RPA partner
Along with the gloomy signals of the economy, the urge to cut down costs and promote investment in technology has increased. That is the reason why RPA solutions from Asia with diverse capabilities, competitive costs, and great efficiency is attracting the attention of businesses with automation needs.
akaBot, a part of FPT Corporation ecosystem, is the ultimate partner that helps businesses accelerate in the automation journey. Notably, akaBot is trusted by more than 3,000+ businesses of various industries for its significant benefits:
- Inherit the FPT’s strengths in outsourcing: a team of experienced engineers and multiple different RPA platforms
- Provide efficient support service, recognized by customers and the world’s leading IT solution evaluation organizations (G2, Gartner)
- Have a Migration Framework with proven performance when deployed to many large customers
- Offer quick return on investment (after only 7 months, according to the G2 report); total cost for akaBot license and migration is less than/ equals to ownership expense for the previous platform.
- Have a comprehensive Hyperautomation ecosystem, smoothly integrating many advanced technologies (AI, IDP, Process Mining, Chatbot,…) to meet a variety of automation needs
To enjoy outstanding features and competitive costs with quicker ROI, contact us right away and get started in the automation journey.
akaBot (FPT) is the operation optimization solution for enterprises based on RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platform combined with Process Mining, OCR, Intelligent Document Processing, Machine Learning, Conversational AI, etc. Serving clients in 20+ countries, across 08 domains such as Banking & Finances, Retails, IT Services, Manufacturing, Logistics…, akaBot is featured by Gartner Peer Insights, G2, and ranked as Top 6 Global RPA Platform by Software Reviews. akaBot also won the prestigious Stevie Award, The Asian Banker Award 2021, etc.
Leave us a message for free consultation!