Automation is not a new concept in the manufacturing industry. As digital transformation storms the sector, manufacturers start to pursue more advanced technologies, including Intelligent Automation. Significantly, more than 50% of the European manufacturers implemented AI, followed by Japan (30%) and the US (28%). Besides, AIMultiple revealed that manufacturing was the top industry to leverage RPA in 2021(35%).
Top use cases of Intelligent Automation in the manufacturing industry
Interacting with sensors and IoT devices, intelligent bots can facilitate real-time monitoring, helping manufacturers avoid costly breakdowns, outages, and lengthy downtimes.
- Collect and analyze data from factories using Intelligent Document Processing (IDP)
- Keep track of equipment in real-time using Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Predict upcoming machine failures with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (ML)
- Alert staff when checkups and maintenance are required
- Set and update maintenance schedules at desirable times
Supply chain management
Intelligent Automation can automatically handle numerous documents for the supply chain such as delivery orders, bills of lading, and tracking orders, facilitating a seamless operation for manufacturers.
- Standardize data across the supply chain using RPA to update the system accurately
- Control shipping schedules and update important information to relevant parties
- Extract data from different types of documents, and update data to a centralized database with IDP.
Intelligent Automation enables manufacturers to simplify the order management process, facilitating smooth processing of orders to customers.
- Identify and verify orders and extract key information from the orders with IDP
- Eliminate duplicate orders and upload orders in the ERP system with extracted data
- Notify customers about product availability and shipping preferences
With Intelligent Automation, manufacturers can prevent stockouts and reduce waste, maintaining a comprehensive operation.
- Monitor inventory and alert staff when inventory levels are low
- Predict inventory accurately and consistently using AI/ML
- Reorder items automatically with RPA
By adopting Intelligent Automation, manufacturers can significantly enhance invoice processing by combining RPA with IDP and Natural Language Processing (NLP) capabilities, enabling timely payments to suppliers.
- Create invoices from the database on demand with RPA
- Compare and monitor invoices from multiple sources with AI/ML algorithms and notify relevant staff in case of an inconsistency
- Process invoices using IDP/NLP, extract relevant data from invoices and upload to the centralized system
What does the future hold for the manufacturing industry?
The adoption of Intelligent Automation can be a game-changer for the manufacturing industry. By combining RPA and AI, manufacturers can digitally transform traditional processes and unlock numerous benefits, such as the following:
- Optimize resources
- Remove process bottlenecks
- Resolve issues faster
- Exchange data across various systems seamlessly
- Ensure on-time delivery
- Minimize human errors
- Maximize operational efficiency
- Improve data-driven insights for continuous improvement
It is essential for businesses to acknowledge the potential of Intelligent Automation and define areas where advanced technologies could leverage to the maximum. This way, humans are freed to focus on tasks that bring higher value to the businesses, ensuring efficiency and agility in a myriad of changes.
Accelerate manufacturing with akaBot!
Intelligent Automation is leveraging manufacturing, driving digital transformation, and creating even greater business value.
In Vietnam, akaBot (FPT) provides a comprehensive automation solution for various manufacturers, harnessing the power of RPA by integrating with various complementary technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Document Processing, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and Machine Learning to meet complex customer requirements and conquer potential markets globally.
The success story below will highlight how akaBot helps a manufacturing company to solve competing business challenges and ensure that the business remains adaptable, and agile in responding to evolving market conditions.
- High manual work rate, low productivity
- Complicated process, easy to make mistakes
- High-performance employees involved from A to Z in the process, which leads to the waste of human resources
As a vehicle manufacturer with 400+ branches in 150 countries and 200,000 employees, the client needs to optimize the CAD product design with the goal of achieving seamless operation, high accuracy rate, and time, and effort saving.
The solution from akaBot offers a combination of RPA and CATIA (Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application) to specialize the specifications, and then make a report based on a comparison with standard specs. The specialists join the sketch quality control process.
- Save 80% of effort
- Reduce 90% of processing time
- Decrease the error rate to 3%
To unlock new levels of productivity, efficiency, and competitiveness in the rapidly evolving global landscape with Intelligent Automation, contact us today.
akaBot (FPT) is the operation optimization solution for enterprises based on RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platform combined with Process Mining, OCR, Intelligent Document Processing, Machine Learning, Conversational AI, etc. Serving clients in 20+ countries, across 08 domains such as Banking & Finances, Retails, IT Services, Manufacturing, and Logistics…, akaBot is featured by Gartner Peer Insights, G2, and ranked as Top 6 Global RPA Platform by Software Reviews. akaBot also won the prestigious Stevie Award, The Asian Banker Award 2021, etc.
Leave us a message for free consultation!